By: Bob Seebohar, MS, RD, CSSD, CSCS, METS II
Enjoy this pudding for a protein boost as a snack throughout the day or after a tough interval workout. It will provide an excellent source of protein, carbohydrates and a small amount of omega-3 fats for a blood sugar stabilizing snack!
Chocolate Cinnamon Chia Pudding
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 cup water
- 25-30 grams chocolate whey protein isolate powder (sweetened with stevia)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/3 - 1/2 cup chia seeds
- Mix coconut milk, water, whey protein, and cinnamon in a shaker bottle. Shake well.
- Add wet mixture to a large mason jar (or similar bottle).
- Add chia seeds to wet mixture and shake a few times within the first hour so the chia seeds begin to sit throughout the mixture.
For the real chocolate lovers, try adding a few dark chocolate chips to the mixture to give it more of a chocolate punch!
Bob Seebohar, MS, RD, CSSD, CSCS, METS is a sport dietitian, exercise physiologist, strength and conditioning specialist, and elite triathlon coach. He traveled to the 2008 Summer Olympics as the U.S. Olympic Committee Sport Dietitian and the personal Sport Dietitian for the 2008 Olympic Triathlon Team.
Bob's book, Metabolic Efficiency Training: Teaching the Body to Burn More Fat, teaches athletes how to structure their nutrition and training program throughout the year to maximize their body's ability to use fat as energy and improve body composition. He also has a Metabolic Efficiency Recipe book in electronic format with over 100 metabolically efficient meals and snacks. For more information and to order the books, visit www.enrgperformance.com or email him at email@example.com.